Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

seperation by the color

I found really interesting apartman at theinterior site (design boomer).

http://www.designboom.com/architecture/betillon-dorval-bory-appartement-spectral-paris/

Use color light to show the separation of the space.
In this case, it separate bathroom and kitchen.



Ops! It is quite new way to create the space for sitting down and location of stairs.

This is the side of bathroom.
more information
http://www.designboom.com/architecture/betillon-dorval-bory-appartement-spectral-paris/

 First, I was impressed the idea "separating room by intangible thing : "color"".

Second,this design destroyed my common knowledge in terms of the location of the stairs. In the normal situation, steeping on the sink with bare foot seems really dirty but the picture above didn't give me any thought like this.
I think this is because 1) the sink is white. (White gives me the sense of cleanness.)
2) Surrounding of the stairs is really simple. 3)the stairs by themselves are well    design (there are spaces between each stair and looks like floating.) so gives the sense of "lightness" as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment